normanee said: I’m dying my hair today! It has always been mousy brown :( I’m hoping deep brown makes my eyes pop :D
Yes but your hair suits you. The problem is that because I’ve always been blonde, that is how I am used to looking. And then with it a different colour it doesn’t feel me. But oooh deep brown! Nice!
Pics! :D :D
So, I am starting 2 petitions against creepshots, I want them shut down. I literally just posted these, and I am trying to spread the word. I would love your help, and signature :)
I need 100,000 signatures by March 27th on the whitehouse one, and they will have to do something.
It’s a list of things I did today!!!
- Went shopping and bought a shovel and a lot of plants and compost
- Bought all the ingredients to make caramel slice
- Spent 70% of the day weeding the existing garden, splitting existing plants (and ripping SO MANY out), coaxing the hard, red clay dirt to be soft enough for me to dig into it, and planting all my new trees.
I’m very proud. I can’t even say. I’ll see if I can post photos tomorrow.
- Took the longest shower in the world to get all of the dirt off of me (SOOO MUCH DIRT)
- Decided to shave my legs and then moisturise the crap out of my body. Ehehehe. I don’t know. TV says you are supposed to do that all the time. I never do because it takes too much time. But what the heck. I’m all silky.
- Swept and then mopped the entirety of the tiled area in our house. It is A LOT! And it was so dirty because we didn’t have a mop until now. It was the worst.
- Dyed my hair. (I apparently have to regularly dye my hair now. Everyone said, “Don’t die your hair red Bram! It’ll never go back blonde!” And I thought, ‘Pfft, whatever. It grows idiots.” But they weren’t kidding. The stuff that grows now is no longer blonde. It’s like a mousey brown. I hate it. So I dyed my roots. Yay!
- Did a million loads of washing including all the towels and my uniforms.
- Put aloe vera on the nearly second degree sunburn that I sustained while gardening. It’s hilarious. It’s just in this huge wedge on my lower back, because I was bent over weeding most of the day, and I sunscreened my shoulders and neck but just forgot completely my back D: It hurts a lot.
- Made a phone call to the real estate agent
- Troubleshooted a lot and got my oven to work!
- Made pizza for dinner
I’ve decided the reason I had so much energy today is that I spend so almost all of yesterday in bed recovering from my double nights. I’m sure I did more things but now I can’t think of them. My Acting Officer in Charge described me as the most vibrant paramedic ever. This compliment was delivered at the end of my second consecutive night shift too so maybe a joke but he sounded sincere. I love him despite the fact that he isn’t very good at acting as an OIC.
Tomorrow I will!!
- Go and pay rent D: D: D:
- Make caramel slice
- Iron all my uniforms
- Put some work into my partner’s tattoo. Hopefully I can surprise him with it when he gets back : )
- Maybe do some other stuff that is productive I don’t know I think I might have run out of things to do…?
Mental Health addendum:
It was a moment that changed my life. In that second I stopped to question almost everything I had been taught about the past. How often had I overlooked women’s contributions?"
— Sandi Toksvig (via natatouille, learninglog) (via whittletheworld) (via nadimnaaman) (via iwasbornhuman) (via mattheal) (via aviculae) (via thelingerieaddict) (via skittleonium) (via thesunwithmyeyesclosed) (via w-a-r-e-h-o-u-s-e) (via blackcatandme) (via small-street) (via this-is-howe-i-do-it) (via time-not-well-wasted) (via trisaratopsies) (via lizardvvizard)
My partner is such an English stereotype. He made me crumpets today.
I am the happiest clam.
Bram thinks there is probably a causative link between increased incidence of depression and anxiety and contraceptive drugs. She would very much like to research it one day but control groups would be hard to find, huh.